This page contains references and additional information for the post How to Block out Noise before It Kills Your Work and Study Performance.
- Banbury, Simon, and Dianne C. Berry. “Disruption of Office-Related Tasks by Speech and Office Noise.” British Journal of Psychology 89, no. 3 (August 1998): 499.
- Furnham, Adrian, and Lisa Strbac. “Music Is as Distracting as Noise: The Differential Distraction of Background Music and Noise on the Cognitive Test Performance of Introverts and Extraverts.” Ergonomics 45, no. 3 (February 1, 2002): 203–17. doi:10.1080/00140130210121932.
- Hughes, Robert, and Dylan M. Jones. “The Intrusiveness of Sound : Laboratory Findings and Their Implications for Noise Abatement.” Noise and Health 4, no. 13 (October 1, 2001): 51.
- Keus van de Poll, Marijke, Robert Ljung, Johan Odelius, and Patrik Sörqvist. “Disruption of Writing by Background Speech: The Role of Speech Transmission Index.” Applied Acoustics 81 (July 2014): 15–18. doi:10.1016/j.apacoust.2014.02.005.
- Poll, Marijke Keus van de, Johannes Carlsson, John E. Marsh, Robert Ljung, Johan Odelius, Sabine J. Schlittmeier, Gunilla Sundin, and Patrik Sörqvist. “Unmasking the Effects of Masking on Performance: The Potential of Multiple-Voice Masking in the Office Environment.” The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 138, no. 2 (August 1, 2015): 807–16. doi:10.1121/1.4926904.